Buying a Persian or Himalayan Kitten on the Internet in today’s World.
Scammers are out there everywhere preying on your desire to own a beautiful purebred Persian at a low-cost price!!
Be careful, be cautious, don’t get scammed!
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Persian cat breed and the success of our substantial website, we often become prey for dishonest scammers. We feel that its part of our job to discuss Internet Safety – buying a Persian or Himalayan Kitten online. Within we give our potential customers help tips and tricks to spot scam sites and falsified ads and give some insight on how scammers tend to do their business.
These horrifying people blatantly steal our photos, intellectual content and articles, and even our very own names, pretending to be us! From there they create quick and straightforward blogs, one-page websites, and use our photos for advertising kittens. Scammers will advertise our beautiful kittens (illegally using our pictures) on classified sites, and other advertising platforms for as low as $200-$500 on up.
You know the old saying, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”
Quality Persian and Himalayan kittens are not cheap or easy to raise, hence why most professional/experienced breeders charge $2000 on up for their kittens. This is due to the amount of time, effort, and money that goes into raising happy and healthy kittens.
We feel it is our duty to protect our potential customers against scammers who are looking to confuse and manipulate unsuspecting customers to make a quick buck.
We receive calls EVERY DAY from upset people who have fallen victim to scam ads and fraudulent websites. In the end NEVER receiving a kitten, after paying hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars.
Almost as often, past or potential customers will inform us of the scams they stumble upon while browsing for a Persian or Himalayan kitten. When such activity is brought to our attention, we do our very best to have these ads and scam sites removed from the Internet. However, the amount of people out there doing these terrible things seems endless and honestly could quickly become our full-time job.
It is highly unfortunate that successful businesses such as our are often taken advantage of, stolen from, and exploited so that others can “ride on our success.” We are aware that we are not the other breeders out there that this has happened to.
Things to Note
Below is a list of the most common mistakes and tactics most often used by scammers. By keeping these in mind, hopefully, you will be able to spot a potential scam ad or fraudulent website. Also, by finding “cheaper kittens” you may run into loads of heartache when that darling kitten you *think* you were purchasing, actually doesn’t exist and it was just a picture that was stolen from another breeder.
1. Bad grammar and punctuation. Starting sentences uncapitalized and using poor English.
2. Inconsistencies. By paying attention to a website, you may notice inconsistencies such as different locations, phone number, owners, etc being mentioned instead of a fluid, easy to follow website.
3. No actual phone contact whatsoever during the purchase process. Customers should always be able to speak with the breeder before placing money down on a kitten. No excuses.
4. Using Western Union, Money Gram, or other quick services. This payment option is nearly untraceable and the preferred method for scammers to receive funds. Look for breeders that offer Paypal as a payment option. Paypal is a safe and secure way of making payments. Paypal also offers buyer protection for transactions.
5. Lack of communication and excuses. The last thing scammers want is to build a relationship with “customers,” they want to take your money and run, so to speak. When it comes time to “receive your kitten” they will disappear and be unreachable by phone or e-mail. A kitten will never surface.
6. Text messages are the preferred method of communication for scammers who use cheap disposable phones that are untraceable.
7. The use of PO Boxes instead of an actual physical address. PO Boxes are too easily obtained.
8. Scammers like to mention the use of a “shipping service,” “a shipper,” or they promise to hand deliver your kitten, sometimes right to your doorstep.
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) ALL content and pictures on this website are the sole property of Doll Face Persian Kittens. We have only one location, Northern Missouri. During a transaction, customers will either talk to Trisha, Tracie, Tegan, or Marie Johnson only, no other persons represent our company. All kittens are shipped from Des Monies, IA, but may be subject to connecting flights and layovers. Doll Face Persian Kittens only ships to the lower 48 US states. Sorry, we do not offer international shipping. We do not sell our kittens with breeding rights, nor do we offer stud services. We do not have our kittens available for purchase on any other website. When posting our ads, they will always link directly back to our website, we also list our name and phone number clearly on each ad.
If you come across any activity described above in which you do not believe it to be the work of Doll Face Persian Kittens, please contact us at the e-mail address below:
Phone: (660) 292-2222
Like us on Facebook HERE!