Kittens must be 2 pounds in weight before they can be cleared by our vet for travel. This applies to ALL kittens, regardless of shipping or picking up your kitten in person.
We have successfully been shipping our kittens for nearly 2 decades without any serious issues.
Rest assured your new furry family member is in excellent and devoted hands with the airlines that we have chosen to transport our kittens with. We seek out the best possible flight to get the kitten(s) from our arms to yours.
The airlines adhere to International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations.
Flights cannot be booked until 24-48 hours before the flight and are always scheduled around the weather.
The airlines depend on weather.com, so that is a good place for our clients to watch as well. All flights are of course dictated by the weather.
- The kittens travel in a hard plastic pet taxi that is airlines approved. We make sure the kitten is familiar with the kennel in which they will be traveling far in advance to their actual shipment date.
- The kitten will receive a dose of stress drops before leaving the nursery. Their carrier is also sprayed with a calming agent.
- Kittens are giving a professional grooming session before leaving our nursery. Each is bathed, blow-dried and groomed 1-2 days before travel.
- Regardless of the airline, all pet cabins are pressurized, and temperature controlled.
- The kitten(s) will arrive with his or her nursery blanket.This special blanket has the scent of the nursery mates and mother on it. Please refrain from washing their baby blanket for the first few weeks after arriving.
- We pick up the food dish on the eve of shipping to help prevent the baby from getting car/airplane sick or soiling their kennel.
We are always amazed at how well they do during shipping.
Shipment after shipment we receive similar feedback as to how well the kitten(s) had tolerated the flight.
99% of them are just eager to get out of the pet taxi and find the litter pan, then begin exploring their new home.
Most of them will resume eating and drinking within the first 24 hours after the flight.
The basic shipping package is $400 within the lower 48 states.
Deluxe shipping is $500
* Shipping prices includes the airfare, airline-approved pet carrier, nursery blanket, complimentary toy, professional grooming session, health certificate, and rabies tag & vaccination.
We would like all customers to be aware that United and Delta airlines do have temperature restrictions on all live animal transports. This can make the shipping of our kittens difficult during a time of extreme weather patterns. Temperatures cannot dip below 10 degrees F in the winter months and cannot exceed 85 degrees F during the summer months. These extreme temperature limits cannot present themselves during any part of the flight. If your kitten’s flight is canceled due to weather, please note that we have no control over airline protocol, and will do our best to ship your kitten as soon as weather permits. As well as the chilly weather, it may be difficult to obtain a flight for your kitten(s) during the holidays due to the number of passengers. Flights are typically booked a week in advance. Once you have been given your flight information, please contact the chosen airlines for further instructions, as each airport’s protocol does differ slightly.
Please be advised we ship kittens twice a month.
Wintertime Re-homing Tips
Winter time re-homing is much harder on the fur babies so please help keep stress to a minimum. Do not change their diet or type of litter. Keep plenty of warm blankets in the pet carrier when transferring kitty outdoors. We recommend using the ThermaPet Cat Mat inside the carrier, this unique mat transfers your cats own natural body heat back to them. Always give your kitty Rescue Remedy drops before traveling.
Drape a throw over the carrier so it is not exposed to the wintertime outside elements.
Like us on Facebook HERE!