Spaying and Neutering
1) Your female kitten will live a longer, healthier life. By spaying your kitten, you are preventing against uterine infection and breast cancer. The sooner you can spay your female kitten the better chance you have in helping prevent these diseases.
2.) By neutering your male kitten, you are not only helping prevent unwanted litters of kittens but also helping prevent testicular cancer.
3) When females come into heat, they can howl and urinate more frequently, but by spaying your female early, she will never have a heat cycle and won’t display these negative behaviors.
4) Males who go unaltered can be quite persistent in finding a mate, leading the possibility that they may attempt to go outside despite your best efforts. Another great reason to neuter your male kitten early and prevent an unintended escape. Roaming the streets can be very dangerous to the Persian as they are very docile and have no street smarts or instincts to keep them out of harm’s way.
5) Altering your male early will help him focus on his new family and environment instead of worrying about marking his territory- and ruining your new furniture, carpet, comforter, etc. This overall makes for a happier, more easy going male kitten.
6) By altering your new kitten, you are helping the environment. With such a massive overpopulation of stray cats, please alter your kitten to fight against adding to the population of unwanted, unloved felines.
7) Simply stated, it is the right thing to do:)
8) You will save money in the long run. If your cat accidentally reproduces, the cost and time spent caring for a new litter of kittens is tremendous. It is much simpler and cheaper to alter your furry feline friend.
9) The sooner your kitten is altered, the better. The younger they are, the quicker they heal, also the less likely they are going to remember the procedure. The last thing we want is our kittens going out into the world with their new families, and then having to go to an unfamiliar home and a new vet, only to come back to their new home hurting and afraid.
As cat breeders, we want to stress the importance of altering your new addition to your family. By letting your kitten be altered here at our nursery, you as their new owners get out of the hassle of having to make a special trip to your vet. Spay/Neuter Most of the time kittens are left at the vet overnight in a cold metal cage to wake up from their surgery.
However, when we alter our kittens, we escort them to our trusted vet for the procedure and take them home afterward to watch them. They usually wake up in our arms, with familiar faces watching over them.
Once awake they are kept inside our home overnight for observation. Once they are feeling better, usually by the following day, they are then moved to a private space where they are given 1 week of antibiotics and pain medication. It is a lot less stress on the kittens to come back to a familiar place to heal.
Our altering fees are as follows
Altering Fees are not included with the cost of the kitten but must be paid at the time of purchase to allow us to book and plan your kitten’s procedure.
Kittens must be 12 weeks old and two pounds before being altered. We must allow at least five days post surgery for your kitten to heal properly and to ensure he/she is comfortable. This is mandatory, and we will NOT ship kittens sooner than five days post altering.
If your kitten is not fixed before leaving our nursery, we do require proof of spay/neuter within seven months as per our purchase agreement. NO EXCEPTIONS.